Action Property Management is a privately held company that manages more high-rise residential buildings than any other management company in California. We have over a decade of experience offering exceptional residential building management to some of the most exclusive luxury high rise properties in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and San Diego.
Action is growing and looking to hire a full-time Assistant General Manager for our high rise association called Ocean Towers located in Santa Monica, CA.
Why Join Action?
Action's goal is to attract and retain the industry top talent. We are proudly rated 4.3 Stars on Glassdoor. Check out our Glassdoor page here: https://tinyurl.com/actionglassdoor
The Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager in all aspects of the daily operations of the association. The Assistant General Manager acts as a liaison related to community information and member services and assists in the training and supervision of front desk and access control staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the office, including handling correspondence, phone calls and scheduling.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of agendas, notices, reports and other documents required for monthly board and annual meetings. Take minutes of the board meetings.
- Be point of contact for sales and leases, schedule interviews with the approval committee for new Shareholders, work with escrow department to ensure proper documentation.
- Prepare approval committee meeting packets and ensure that the Shareholder, subtenant and realtor have submitted all items on check list.
- Schedule and host approval committee meetings as frequently as needed.
- Work with insurance adjusters, contractors, Shareholders and all departments at Ocean Towers including Engineering, General Manager, Front Desk and Loading Dock to coordinate projects, repairs and deliveries.
- Oversee Front Desk Supervisor and Team, act as Front Desk Supervisor in their absence.
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Assist General Manager with Action List items and updates.
- Maintain vendor files and insurance certifications
- Prepare and monitor non-compliance letters, hearing and decision notices.
- Update the Association's Profile, Annual Calendar, and Contracts Schedule, website, SharePoint and calendars.
- Prepare email blasts and other communications with members.
- Maintain and process electricity charges to members and coordinate with Accounts Receivable for proper billing.
- Coordinate necessary refreshments and supplies for association meetings and functions as necessary.
- Other duties as requested by General Manager.
- Act as the liaison, under the direction of the General Manager, to the Architectural Review Committee and other committees as may be established by the Board of Directors. Coordinate committee meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Interact with homeowners, communicate status and prepare letters throughout the process and monitor progress of construction.
- Manage architectural deposits and refunds of same.
- Coordinate inspections by the Chief Engineer and sound testing with inspector and homeowners as required.
- Respond to and addresses resident concerns and complaints.
- Issue access devices, fobs, and transponders.
- Assist new owners with completion of registration forms and review of documents
- Supervise and train bell, front desk and access control staff under direction of General Manager and Hospitality Services.
- Schedule bell, front desk and access control staff per the staffing plan.
- Back up front desk staff when required.
- Complete accounts receivable and charge forms for service requests, amenity rentals, storage rentals, access devices and checks received onsite.
- Receive and process invoices for GM approval. Verify accuracy of invoices and statements received.
- Research past due balances on invoices and statements.
- Prepare the monthly Delinquency Report
- Act as Manager on Duty in the General Manager's absence.
- Update and distribute phone list and staff contact information.
- Conduct and document periodic interior and exterior daily inspection of the common areas and amenity rooms. Creates work orders to maintain the common areas.
- Review Daily Office and Incident Reports, manage distribution to staff members and filing
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: This is a salaried position
Action Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Drug Free Workplace. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.