Connecting Communities Through Education, Advocacy, and Service
About the Greater Los Angeles Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAI)
The Greater Los Angeles Chapter of CAI was established in 1977 and serves Los Angeles County with nearly 1200 members.
About the National Organization
Community Associations Institute (CAI) is a national, nonprofit 501(c)(6) association created in 1973 to educate and represent America’s 350,000 residential condominium, cooperative and homeowner associations and related professionals and service providers. The Institute is dedicated to fostering vibrant, responsive, competent community associations that promote harmony, community and responsible leadership.
Who does CAI represent?
CAI is a multidisciplinary alliance serving all stakeholders in community associations. CAI members include condominium and homeowner associations, cooperatives and association-governed planned communities of all sizes and architectural types; individual homeowners; community association managers and management companies; public officials; and lawyers, accountants, engineers, reserve specialists, builders, developers, and other providers of professional services and products for community associations. CAI has more than 40,000 members in 58 chapters throughout the U.S. and in several foreign countries. The national office and its staff are based in Falls Church, Virginia.
CAI’s mission is to improve existing communities and help to build communities of the future by:
- Advancing excellence through seminars, workshops, conferences and education programs, some of which lead to professional designations
- Publishing the largest collection of resources available on community associations, including books, guides, Common Ground magazine and five specialized newsletters on community association finance, law and management
- Advocating community association interests before legislatures, regulatory bodies and the court
- Conducting research and acts as a clearinghouse for information on innovations and best practices in community association creation and management
- Providing networking and referral opportunities through both the national office and local CAI chapters, CAI-sponsored insurance programs for directors and officers and discounts on products