Education is a critical component of CAI’s mission. CAI’s courses and credentials provide homeowner leaders, community managers, and business partners with the latest training to make an immediate impact in your association, your career, and your business.
Courses are offered in a wide variety of educational online, virtual and in-person learning opportunities that lead to obtaining and maintaining one’s professional credentials.
Continuing Education Credit Options for Community Managers
CAI-GLAC Events (See Calendar of Events)
- Community Expo (3 hours of education credit each)
- Chapter Luncheons (2 hours of education credit each)
- Managers-Only Webinar (1 hour of education credit each)
- HOA Board Education Webinar (1 hour of education credit each)
- Executive Leadership Summit (6 hours of education credit each)
- Common Interest Development Law Course (8 hours of education credit- meets CAMICB requirement for CMCA)
CAI National Educational Events and Courses
- CAI National Law Seminar (February)
- CMCA – 1 day attendance = 6 hours; 2 days = 12 hours; 3 days = 15 hours. Administered by CAMICB (www.camicb.org)
- AMS – Attendance will give you 6 hours (one-day) or 12 (two days) hours toward the eight hours of other industry related education required for AMS re-designation. Completion of a PMDP course (M-200 level or above) is also required.
Full attendance is required for credit for the below designations:
- PCAM – Attendance provides 10 points for the PCAM application and satisfies the continuing education requirements for PCAM renewal. Speaking/presenting at the Law Seminar earns 10 points for the PCAM application.
- LSM – Attendance provides 7 points for the LSM application and re-designation.
- High Rise Managers Workshop
- PCAM Attending the High-Rise Managers Workshop counts toward your PCAM re-designation. Call CAI for more information, (888) 224-4321 or review requirements online at www.caionline.org.
- CEO-MC Retreat
- CMCA – 1 day attendance = 6 hours; 2 days = 12 hours; 3 days = 15 hours. Administered by the CAMICB
- AMS – Attendance will give you 6 hours (one-day) or 12 (two days) hours toward the eight hours of other industry related education required for AMS re-designation.
- PCAM – Attendance at the CEO-MC Retreat satisfies the continuing education requirements for PCAM re-designation.
- CAI National Conference – 1 day attendance = 6 hours; 2 days = 12 hours; 3 days = 15 hours
Educated Board Members make better choices and the value of having an educated board is priceless. CAI’s education for Board Members gives homeowners a comprehensive understanding of budgets, finance, as well as how to interact with your community.
CAI-GLAC Events for homeowners (See Calendar of Events):
- HOA Board Evening Webinar
- Board Leadership Webinar
- CID Law Course Webinar
CAI Board Leader Certificate: Learn More
CAI has developed training for the companies who understand the community association market better than anyone else, the Business Partners.
The Business Partner Essentials course is a great orientation for new staff or for companies who are wanting to know more about doing business with community associations.
Upon completion of the class and having passed the exam, you will earn the Educated Business Distinction, showing that you have the knowledge and expertise to work with community associations.
Business Partner Essentials - Online Course: Learn More